With the plugin you can create an unlimited number of Sidebars (Custom Widget Areas) and easily configure them by adding widgets in already familiar WordPress interface. You can assign the Free Custom Widget Areas to any of your themes defined “widget areas”. You can even place them directly inside the content of Pages and Posts by simply using Shortcodes. We have also added support for Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies.
Custom Widget Areas for WordPress plugin recognizes your themes default sidebars and allows you to replace them, as well as allowing you to set individual sidebars for basically any template in WordPress: Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, Categories, Archives, 404 Page, Search Page, Attachment Page, Tag Page and Author Page.
Custom Widget Areas for WordPress Features
- Individual sidebars for each Page or Post
- 7 different styles for widgets in content area
- Easy insert widgets in content with shortcodes
- Localization; English and Spanish
- Set default sidebars for Front page
- Set default sidebars for Home page
- Set default sidebars for Category pages
- Set default sidebars for Archive page
- Set default sidebars for Pages
- Set default sidebars for Single posts
- Set default sidebars for 404 page (page not found)
- Set default sidebar for Search page
- Set default sidebar for Attachment page
- Set default sidebar for Tag page
- Set default sidebar for Author page
- Set CSS for the Widgets in the content area of pages and posts
- Advanced settings; Disable jQuery-UI themes if another plugin is adding the themes.
- Enable Custom Widget Areas for Custom Post Types
- Enable Custom Widget Areas for Custom Taxonomies
- Support for RTL WordPress Admin (Right-to-Left)
- Support for CWA Easy Translation Manager add-on.